Step-by-Step Instructions for Registering your Group
You want to start a new group on campus…that's great! All the links you'll need to register your group are located on the Student Activities & Leadership Programs homepage. If further assistance is needed, please contact the Registered Student Organization (RSO) Development Advisor. Email RSO Advisor
or call 269-387-2476.
- Login to the GoWMU Portal using your BroncoNet ID and password
- Click on the GoRSO button located in the top-right side of the page between “E-learning” & “Groups”
- Click on the tab labeled “Organizations” and click the “Register” button on the left-side of the page under “Register a New Organization”
- Please read all of the instructions carefully before beginning the registration process
- Fill in all fields with information fitting for your group.
Click ‘Submit for Approval’
A message appears, “Registration submission has submitted successfully” and you will receive an email confirmation that it has been submitted.
- Name of organization cannot begin with any derivative of ‘WMU’ (ex: ‘WMU Cool Cats’) or contain ‘of WMU’ (ex: ‘Cool Cats of WMU’). It can, however, read: ‘Cool Cats at WMU.’
- Description: What is the goal of your group? This is typically the group’s mission statement.
- Acronym/Nickname is typically a two or three letter acronym (ex: CC)
- E-mail: If your organization has its own, add it here. If you’d like to request a bronco net ID to start an RSO e-mail account that can be done once your group is approved. Leave blank for the time being.
- External Website: If your organization has its own, add it here. If you’d like to request webspace and a URL for your RSO that can be done once your group is approved. Leave blank for the time being.
- Web Site Key: This is a one-word phrase that sets your profile apart from all other RSOs. It can consist of one-word or a series of letters with no spaces.
- Contact information: If your organization has a specific address, phone number, etc. that you would like to list, please fill out this section. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Categories: How would you like your group categorized (this helps prospective members narrow their search)?
- Interests: What interests might your organization pair with (this helps prospective members narrow their search)?
- Roster: All RSOs must provide a roster with the names of four (4) active, student members. One person must be designated as the treasurer/chief financial officer to be approved, all others must be listed as members. Once approved, you can create position names for all members.
- Upload constitution